The following are the main contacts for Special Educational Needs and Disability at our school:
- Mrs A Jobling is the Head Teacher
- Mrs E Ball is the Director of Welfare
- Mrs L Smith is our designated Special Educational Needs Coordinator.
- Miss C Hall is our Assistant SENCO
It is the SENCO’s job to:
- Oversee the day-to-day operation of the school’s SEN policy
- Liaise with the relevant Designated Teacher where a looked after pupil has SEN
- Advise teachers on using a graduated approach to providing SEN support
- Advise on the deployment of the school’s delegated budget and other resources to meet the pupil’s needs effectively
- Liaise with parents/carers of pupils with SEN
- Liaise with and be a key point of contact for external agencies
- Ensure that the school keeps the records of all SEN pupils up to date
- Work with the Head teacher and school governors to ensure that the school meets its responsibilities with regard to reasonable adjustments and access arrangements.
If you would like to discuss your SEND requirements in detail please contact our main school office on 0191 373 0336 to arrange an appointment with our SENCO Mrs L Smith.