The following are the main contacts for Special Educational Needs and Disability at our school:
- Mrs A Jobling is the Head Teacher
- Mrs E Ball is the Director of Welfare
- Mrs L Smith is our designated Special Educational Needs Coordinator.
- Miss C Hall is our Assistant SENCO
It is the SENCO’s job to:
- Oversee the day-to-day operation of the school’s SEN policy
- Liaise with the relevant Designated Teacher where a looked after pupil has SEN
- Advise teachers on using a graduated approach to providing SEN support
- Advise on the deployment of the school’s delegated budget and other resources to meet the pupil’s needs effectively
- Liaise with parents/carers of pupils with SEN
- Liaise with and be a key point of contact for external agencies
- Ensure that the school keeps the records of all SEN pupils up to date
- Work with the Head teacher and school governors to ensure that the school meets its responsibilities with regard to reasonable adjustments and access arrangements.