Our Ethos and Values.
Confident, Ambitious & Respectful
Academic excellence and student happiness are our main priorities. We work hard so that all of our young people have the best education we can provide. We want students to be confident and articulate, self-motivated and determined to succeed. We want them to enjoy and value learning for itself. We want them to be individuals who strive to be the very best they can be to achieve their dreams. We encourage our students to adopt healthy lifestyles, to demonstrate good manners and to be proud of their community in college, locally and globally. We empower them to be honest, respectful, thoughtful and positive role models.
Our students are our main priority and we provide personal and individualised support to allow them to develop confidence and the skills to help them prepare for life beyond the college gates.
We believe that all students should have a voice and be part of the decision making process and to this end we have a large and highly effective Student Council and Peer Support Group enabling students at all levels to have a say in the work of our colleges. We pride ourselves in knowing all of our students and believe that knowing them well enables us to support them more effectively to be well-rounded, high achieving and happy students. We foster individual interests and passions and believe everyone has something they are good at and can excel in.
At The Durham Federation we want our students to:
- • Experience happiness and enjoyment
- • Feel valued
- • Be ready and qualified to take on the next stage of their learning through the promotion of the highest academic standards
- • Have aspirations to be the best that they can be
- • Act with integrity
- • Be competent and confident individuals
- • Be responsible, resilient and independent
- • Take part in creative, cultural, sporting and innovative activities
- • Respect and appreciate the cultures and sensitivities of other people
- • Be good citizens with a strong sense of direction and purpose
Mrs A Jobling – Headteacher